Welcome!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August Counterfeit Kit "Summer Lovin"

 I was so excited to have put together a kit this month.  It seems like it's been forever since I made my last kit.  At first I was hesitant, because the inspiration kit is digital, and I'm definitely a paper girl.  Then, as I started looking more closely at the kit, I thought of papers I had in my own stash that matched the feel of the papers in the inspiration kit.

I tried to stay pretty close to the color scheme and patterns in the original.  My plan is to make some of the adorable embellishments that were shown in the inspiration kit, using supplies from my own kit.  

Here is the original "Summer Lovin" inspiration kit by scraporchard:


Here is my version.  

9 comments:

sassyscrapper said...

What a sweet collection of papers and embellies. Love that stamp set and the primary colored banner. Have fun creating!

Margie said...

Great counterfeit! You captured the feel of this kit perfectly!

LCSmithSAVED said...

As cute & fun as the original!

Sassy Breese said...

That some delicious, summery fun you've got going there.

marta traughber said...

I love all the little details!

Jen Cro said...

I like the papers and your stamp set. Cute kit.

Clair said...

Ooh, you've really managed to keep the feel of the original kit! It's so cute!

Susanne said...

What a great counterfeit that is. Have fun with it.

Tara O said...

You have some lovely papers in this. Love your take on this kit!